ChanServ help files on the IRChat network.
- Registers your channel.
[register] [#channel] [password] [A short Description of channel content]
a channel you must first have a registered nickname, and be the first
one in a channel, that is not registered, with ops [@your nick]. To
check the status of a channels registration: /msg chanserv INFO #channel
- Set various options for your nickname:
MLOCK - Sets various modes for your channel.
as follows (use lower case):
n = No external messages. Only users inside your channel can send
text to the channel
t = Only ops set topic. Only users with channel ops can change your
m = Moderated. Users inside your channel must have ops or be voiced
to send text.
s = Secret. Your channel will not appear on the channel list.
i = Invite. Users must be invited to enter your channel.
l = Limit. Limits the amount of users that can be in the channel.
k = Key. Sets a password that must be used before a user can join
p = Private. Stops users from knocking when a channel is set invite
- Channel retains the last topic set, even when your channel is
set #channel keeptopic [on/off]
- Channel topic can only be set by those on the access list for
-Once set on, topiclock needs to be set OFF, to change the topic
in the channel.
/msg chanserv set #channel topiclock [on/off]
- Adds or changes the channel description in the ChanServ Info for
set #channel desc [place your channel description here]
- Adds or changes the channel URL in the ChanServ Info for your
set #channel url [http://www.anywhere.tv]
- Allows only users with channel ops to enter your channel.
set #channel restricted [on/off]
- Changes the founder for your channel.
set #channel founder nickname
- Allow a channel founder to set levels to various options.
/msg ChanServ levels #channel set [option]
- Lists information about a registered channel. To include [Founder]
[Description] [Registration Date and Time] [When the channel
was last used] [Last topic] [Topic set by]
/msg ChanServ info #channel
If the channel is not registered [Channel # isn't registered (default
message from chanserv)], it is free for the first REGISTERED nick,
to register the channel, as their own.
- Maintains the AutoKick banned mask list.
/msg ChanServ akick #channel list
/msg ChanServ akick #channel add [[email protected]]
/msg ChanServ akick #channel del [[email protected] or index number]
ADD and DEL are limited to Ops or the channel founder.
- Allows channel ops and channel founders to kick a user from the
/msg chanserv kick #channel [nick]
- Allows a channel founder to control who has ops in the channel.
/msg ChanServ access #channel add [nick] [level]
/msg ChanServ access #channel del [nick]
- Invites you back to a channel that is +i if you get kicked.
/msg ChanServ invite #channel
If somehow you
get kicked off a registered channel that is +i, you can have ChanServ
invite you back into that channel. Providing you are on the access list
to the channel. You may only invite yourself with this command. It cannot
be used to invite other users to a channel.
- Unbans you from a channel.
/msg ChanServ unban #channel [nick]
/msg chanserv clear #channel bans [clear the channels ban list]
[ top ]
[ NickServ ] [
BotServ ] [
MemoServ ] [